Ice is one of the most commonly used treatment interventions following injuries. Nearly anyone who plays sport has heard the term RICE. We know that „I” means icing, which is “must-have” action in both acute injury and rehabilitation program. Ice is a therapeutic agent used in medicine as an integral part of injury treatment and rehabilitation. Immediate application of ice after injury improves production of local tissue analgesia and reduces the pain and swelling during the inflammatory response after injury.
- Crushed ice is effective in lowering surface temperature during treatment.
- Effectively reduces pain and swelling.
- Helps control pain by inducing local anesthesia around the treatment area.
- Decreases inflammation, muscle spasm/cramping, cellular metabolism and local blood flow.
- Increases the range of motion.
Studies show that:
- Cold compress heal the ankle sprain 3 days faster than without cold therapy.
- Cold compress reduces blood flow to a targeted area for a short period of time and lessens inflammation.
- Effective prevention against po-op swelling and bruises.
- Reduces muscle pain in 80 percent of the athletes after physical activity.
- Provides relief for headache and migraine pains.
Researches show that:
- Compression brace increases of proprioceptive sense.
- Joints stability is improved.
- Joints are protected.
- UniPren™ fabric improves joint cooling by maintaining constant temperature.
Thermal Braces® are the best combination of cold treatment. They combine the effectiveness of compression together with benefits of icing. Thermal Braces® are useful in case of treating both acute injuries and rehabilitation program. Wrap around design provides effective adjustment to target the compression for a custom fit. These innovative ice braces are our patented solution.
Icing thermal braces may be used in two ways:
- Professional ice bag with air-release valve – fill the bag with crushed ice and put on your injured area. Wrap the brace around your body. Press the valve and remove air pockets, delivering precise and uniform icing.
- Cold gel pack – keep a cold pack in the freezer for immediate use when you need an ice pack and enjoy the cold therapy benefits!
The aim of Thermal Braces® is to improve tissue healing by reducing inflammation and swelling after injury immediately. The braces consist of 2 parts:
- Innovative wrap around brace made of UniPren™. Universal size brace is easy to adjust. It provides excellent compression and enhances healing by keeping the cool temperature. The UniPren™ fabric is waterproof and keeps your clothes dry.
- Professional ice bag with air-release valve. Fill the bag with crushed ice and put on your injured area. Wrap the brace around your body. Press the valve and remove air pockets, delivering precise and uniform icing.
Ice cold therapy back brace TB-01Read more
Thermal back brace TB-21Read more
Ice cold therapy shoulder brace TB-02Read more
Thermal shoulder brace TB-22Read more
Ice cold therapy extended shoulder brace TB-03Read more
Thermal extended shoulder brace TB-23Read more
Ice cold therapy back brace TB-04Read more
Thermal knee brace TB-24Read more
Thermal universal brace TB-25Read more
Universal ice cold therapy brace TB-05Read more
Ice cold therapy back and hip brace TB-06Read more
Thermal back and hip brace TB-26Read more
Ice cold therapy back brace TB-07Read more
Thermal back brace TB-27Read more
Thermal knee brace TB-28Read more
Thermal hip brace TB-29Read more