Ice is one of the most commonly used treatment interventions following injuries. Nearly anyone who plays sport has heard the term RICE. We know that „I” means icing, which is “must-have” action in both acute injury and rehabilitation program. Ice is a therapeutic agent used in medicine as an integral part of injury treatment and rehabilitation. Immediate application of ice after injury improves production of local tissue analgesia and reduces the pain and swelling during the inflammatory response after injury.
WHY CRUSHED ICE?
- Crushed ice is effective in lowering surface temperature during treatment.
- Effectively reduces pain and swelling.
- Helps control pain by inducing local anesthesia around the treatment area.
- Decreases inflammation, muscle spasm/cramping, cellular metabolism and local blood flow.
- Increases the range of motion.
WHY COLD COMPRESS?
Studies show that:
- Cold compress heal the ankle sprain 3 days faster than without cold therapy.
- Cold compress reduces blood flow to a targeted area for a short period of time and lessens inflammation.
- Effective prevention against po-op swelling and bruises.
- Reduces muscle pain in 80 percent of the athletes after physical activity.
- Provides relief for headache and migraine pains.
WHY NEOPRENE COMPRESSION BRACE?
RESEARCHES SHOW THAT:
- Compression brace increases of proprioceptive sense.
- Joints stability is improved.
- Joints are protected.
- UniPren™ fabric improves joint cooling by maintaining constant temperature.
WHY THERMAL BRACES?
Thermal Braces® are the best combination of cold treatment. They combine the effectiveness of compression together with benefits of icing. Thermal Braces® are useful in case of treating both acute injuries and rehabilitation program. Wrap around design provides effective adjustment to target the compression for a custom fit.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
The aim of Thermal Braces® is to improve tissue healing by reducing inflammation and swelling after injury immediately. The braces consist of 2 parts:
- Innovative wrap around brace made of UniPren™. Universal size brace is easy to adjust. It provides excellent compression and enhances healing by keeping the cool temperature. The UniPren™ fabric is waterproof and keeps your clothes dry.
- Professional ice bag with air-release valve. Fill the bag with crushed ice and put on your injured area. Wrap the brace around your body. Press the valve and remove air pockets, delivering precise and uniform icing.
- Icing thermal braces may be used in two ways:
- Professional ice bag with air-release valve – fill the bag with crushed ice and put on your injured area. Wrap the brace around your body. Press the valve and remove air pockets, delivering precise and uniform icing.
- Cold gel pack – keep a cold pack in the freezer for immediate use when you need an ice pack and enjoy the cold therapy benefits!
These innovative ice braces are our patented solution.